Black Lake Fish & Game Club
An organization dedicated to the furthering of all outdoor sports and conservation, with a special emphasis to include children and families. Serving The Local Community Since 1940.
Chippewa Bay Fish & Game Club
The Chippewa Bay Fish & Game Club is a great organization located downriver of Goose Bay and upriver of Oak Point, halfway between Alexandria Bay and Morristown. The Chippewa Bay Fish and Game Club is the only sportsman's club in the state to fund and operate a northern pike hatchery. Two major fundraising events are the Fishing Derby, always held on the 2nd Saturday in February and the Corn Roast, always the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Proceeds go towards maintenance of the building and facilities, funding the Northern Pike Stocking program, Wood Duck Box program, hunter and trapping safety courses, maintenance of the pike fry pond, scholarships to local schools and sponsoring of youth to attend DEC Camp.
- The Chippewa Bay Fish & Game Club is located at 1198 County Route 6, Hammond, NY 13646
- Mailing address: PO Box 43, Chippewa Bay, NY 13623
- Club meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 7PM
- Like the Chippewa Bay Fish & Game Club on Facebook
- Visit their website
Chippewa Bay Community Club
An organization dedicated to promoting community activities and social functions, as well as maintaining the preservation of the school building.
- Contact: Mary Hamilton at email@example.com
- Mailing address: PO Box 116, Chippewa Bay, NY 13623
Chippewa Bay Yacht Club
The Chippewa Yacht Club, also known as the CYC is a private organization in Chippewa Bay, NY primarily comprised of the islander community. They actually won and hosted the Gold Cup Races in Chippewa Bay in the early 1900's and subsequently is a major part of our areas history!
- Phone: (315) 324-5274
- Visit their website
Hammond Area Garden Club
Friendship through gardening.
- Want to get involved? Contact Penny Simons at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-486-0529.
- Like the Hammond Area Garden Club on Facebook
Hammond Backpack Program
Our area backpack program is dedicated to making sure kids don’t go hungry after the final bell rings each Friday. Currently we are filling 20-25 backpacks each week with an estimated amount of $40-$50 worth of goods per backpack (or more depending on family size). This number is continually growing! There are a two simple ways in which you can help the Hammond Backpack Program:
- FIRST, we have a list of suggested food & hygiene items we may accept for donations. (The items cannot be in glass containers). If you have items you wish to donate, please contact Shirley Bogart (315) 324-6598. You may drop items off at:
- Shirley Bogart – 36 South Main Street, Hammond
- Vintage Doors – 66 South Main Street, Hammond (Open M-F; 9-5)
- L.P. Thompson Insurance – 6 North Main Street, Hammond (Open M-F; 9-5)
- SECOND, in addition to receiving food contributions, we are also welcoming monetary donations — your monetary donation will have an immediate impact in the consistency and availability of food being distributed in each back pack, weekly. We also purchase food items along with soap, toothpaste, shampoo and other hygiene items for kids. Your donation is tax deductible and receipts can be provided for your record keeping.
- Please make it payable to “First Congregational Church.”
- In the memo line please write “Hammond Backpack Program.”
- Mail To: Shirley Bogart, 36 S. Main Street, Hammond, NY 13646.
Hammond FFA / 4-H Fair Association
The Hammond Fair is a two day 4-H and FFA Community Fair held in early September, which puts emphasis on our agricultural community heritage. 2015 marks its 76th Anniversary!
Hammond Fire & Rescue Department
Hammond's local Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department plays an extremely important role in the Hammond area. The Volunteer Rescue Squad provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services to our community. Thank you to all who serve.
- 300 Lake Street, Hammond, NY 13636
- Phone: 315-324-6666
- Like the Fire Department on Facebook
Hammond Food Pantry
The Hammond Food Pantry is a non-profit, charitable organization that distributes food to those who have difficulty purchasing enough food to avoid hunger. Food distribution is for income qualified persons; also includes a Food Sense Program for anyone wishing to stretch their food dollars.
- Food distribution is usually the 4th Thursday each month (may vary) from 9:30 AM-11:30 AM at the Hammond Fire Hall on Lake Street.
- Contact: Joan Hadlock at (315) 324-5517, (315) 324-5219 or email@example.com.
- Mailing Address: 70 South Main Street, Hammond, NY 13646
Hammond Free Library
The Hammond Free Library is a public library that serves the Hammond, NY area that is open 5 days per week.
- Location: 7 Main Street, Hammond, NY 13646
- Phone: 315-324-5139
- Fax: 315-324-6008
Hammond Masonic Lodge
The Hammond Masonic Lodge #861 is a Regular and Recognized masonic lodge located in Hammond, NY, having a charter through the Grand Lodge of NY, F&AM, which is recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England.
The Hammond museum is a historical museum with many local artifacts & large display of model buildings & scenes by R.T. Elethorp. Also, a fully furnished 1800's Scottish stone house, barn, carriage shed & blacksmith shop.
Spay Neuter Now
Spay/Neuter/Now was founded in 1994 by Beatrice Schermerhorn (Hammond, NY). In 2004, SNN incorporated as Spay/Neuter/Now, Ltd. and took the first Neuter Commuter mobile clinic on the road. SNN retired and replaced the Neuter Commuter in 2008 with a brand new 27-foot custom built mobile surgical unit called the Neuter Commuter II. Since October 1994, Spay/Neuter/Now has performed or aided in over 14,500 cat & dog spays & neuters in Northern New York. Our mobile clinic continues to be active primarily in St. Lawrence, Jefferson and Lewis Counties.